Django-SelfGuide - Part I
October 14, 2019
This series we will learn to do TDD with Django. We will later create a News Platform, following these methodology.
- Popular web framework of python
- Build web apps rapidly
Features to be used :
- Django Object Relational Mapper
The ORM provides an easy to use way of converting objects in our api to row in our database. Object (API) -> Row (Db)
for eg. create django model for recipe object and ORM will automatically create recipe table for us.
- Django Admin
- Out of the box admin site
- Manage models
- Visualize Database
- Django Rest Framework
- Extension to django
- Built in Authentication
- use viewsets to create structure of API and provide all of necessary endpoint for managing objects.
- Serializers are used to provide validations on all requests to our API and to help convert JSON object to database models.
- Browsable API
- Virtualization Tool
- Provide the mechanism for isolating our projects dependencies from the machine it’s running on.
- super light weight VM
- wrap our project and all of it’s dependencies in single image, that can be run on any machine
- Single Dev environment
- Used to Deploy to cloud platform
- Travis CI
- Automate testing and linting
- automatically run linting and unit test, everytime we make changes to our code.
- Integrates well with github.
- CI Tool
- We can configure Travis CI to run a script everytime we make changes to our code.
- We will write a script that will run our unit case and linting tool and if either of this fails then travis CI will notify us that the build is broken via an email.
- Identify issues early
- Production grade db
- Easy to get up and running using Docker
Next in the series : What is TDD ?
Rajiv Jha :)